Monday, January 18, 2010

More Reasons Why RadioShack is Useless

Ok... let's just set this straight.  RadioShack has NEVER been a good store.  It's always a pain in the ass to shop there.  Why the FUCK do I need to give you my address to buy batteries?  Seriously.  WTF?  But in light of the recent fleecing of America by WorstBuy and their GeekSquad "optimizations", it seems fair to point out that RadioShack, or just "The Shack" as they want you to call them is also doing a bit of fleecing.

I'm looking to hook up my laptop to my old Panasonic tv.  My MBP comes with a mini-DVI to VGA adapter (for hooking into a monitor).  Apple sells a mini-dvi to S-video/RCA for about 20 bucks.  Seems steep.  So I look around.  I figure, I'll go through my included adapter, and then covert VGA to S-video or RCA... Amazon has this ditty for just over TWO DOLLARS.  That figure is important to keep in mind.  Because what I'm about to tell you might make your head explode.  With the prevalence of adapters available at Radiowhack, I figured they'd probably have SOMETHING.  A phone call to their manager of the local store confirmed, they do in fact sell something to do just this.  It's part of their "PC to TV" line of products.  The CHEAPEST is found here.  You read that right:  $99.99.  For a housing to hold a 2 dollar piece of electronics.  ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS SHIT?

No comments: