Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fuck you CNN

What happened to you, CNN?  You used to be... well cool is definitely the wrong word, but maybe I'll say, "not infotainment".  Thankfully those days are behind us though.  The top story right now?  Will GTA IV potentially keep people from going to the theaters this weekend to watch IRON MAN.  Yes.  That is the TOP story.  There is NOTHING ELSE GOING ON ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHETHER OR NOT A FUCKING MOVIE WILL LOSE SOME OF IT'S OPENING WEEKEND REVENUE BECAUSE WHAT'S BEING CHARACTERIZED AS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME HAS COME OUT AND POTENTIAL YOUNG (male) AUDIENCE MEMBERS ARE GOING TO SIT AT HOME STEALING VIRTUAL CARS TO FUCK, AND THEN RUN-OVER THEIR VIRTUAL HOOKERS IN, RATHER THAN PAY 30 BUCKS TO GO SEE A MOVIE WITH A TUB OF POPCORN.  Thank you, CNN for reporting the news.  Like the fact that... This Just In: Can Obama Shake the Wright Scandal?  Didn't that happen like MONTHS ago?  I'm pretty sure that was like a long time ago.  So really the only reason you think he can't is because you won't let him?  Or how about this tidbit, "Grannies Kiss Obama, Dance for Clinton".  Honestly.  Is it any wonder that I read Google News?  Aside from the fact that I'm a little scared at just HOW benevolent Google actually is, I do feel a bit like, ya know, bashing myself in the anus everytime I mistakingly think, "Hmmm, I wonder what's on CNN's front page right now".   Fuck it.  I'm out.

2 comments:

Harley Pierpont said...

Google news doesn't have an iPhone icon so fuck them.

Harley Pierpont said...

Have you seen CNN T-shirts!? Holy balls.