Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ouch.

So I was kinda in a rush this morning. Wanted to get to my school a little early to help set up for the holiday concert. Ya know, trying to be responsible and all. Anyways, wouldn't ya know, the subway was fucked up. Yeah, ya know, the same subway that is going to raise their rates and give me less service. Apparently there was "debris" on the 50th street track on the express line. So the 2, 3 was running local. Except that the train was stopped. On the Express track. Just hanging out. Yeah. And no 1 trains were coming. Nor did they. For almost half an hour. Yeah. So, being in a bind, I got out and hopped in a cab. Well not exactly. First I waited 8 minutes for a cab. Then I hopped in one. Then he inexplicably took a wrong turn. Yeah. But it was still fine. I would probably still make it to my school with plenty of time.

Then we got caught in some morning rush-traffic on the East side. And my cabbie thought he could pull some sort of shennanigans. Which I believe is when he started bobbing and weaving through traffic. At which point some Lexus dude plowed right into our cab. Yeah. I was fine, cabbie was fine, dude was fine. Cars were fucked. But I didn't like really have time to wait around and fill out a police report or anything. And I was in a horrible rush now, because it was dawning on me that the longer I sat there in said crashed cab, the less chance I had at making my kids' concert. So I waited another couple minutes for a new cab, after PAYING for my ride, and INEXPLICABLY tipping (out of habit? cause I felt bad he got hit by someone? Dunno).

Long story short, showed up just in time, kids kicked ass, all is fine. But A) Fuck the MTA. B) Fucking watch where you are going. Get off your goddamn cellphone.

No comments: