Thursday, December 27, 2007

I need a...

Drink.

So Arni announced that California is going to provide healthcare to all its residents by 2010. Now his own party bemoans the fact that there isn't the cash to make it happen, and it still needs to be ratified by the state senate and a popular vote... but here's the thing. I'm all for all 36 million Cali residents having health insurance. I think that health insurance is one of the biggest scams our country has going... Look around, plenty of civilized nations have universal healthcare and haven't exploded in anarchy.

No, what makes me need a drink is Arni. I mean, I still like watching his steriod-induced muscle madness in Conan: The Destroyer (way better than Conan: The Barbarian, James Earl Jones and all... I mean shit, Destroyer had Wilt Chamberlin, and this chick). But the man is such a fuck-up in so many ways, and yet even my folks have to admit that he's actually been pretty good for California. I don't agree with his politics, I don't agree with his philandering (well, I mean, I agree with it, but I don't respect it), but I gotta tip my hat to him... He actually isn't just toting the party line there in Republicanland. I mean, he wants tougher emissions standards, and won't just sit there and take it while the Feds try to sue the state. I dunno... I guess I'm just gonna go look at more pics of Olivia d'Abo. Damn she was hot when I was four.

PS: I just realized that Olivia d'Abo also played Kevin Arnold's sister on The Wonder Years. Damn. I knew I always loved her.