Monday, December 24, 2007

Nip-fucked

OK, here's something that really pissed me off today. I happened upon a show called Nip/Tuck. I had first seen this show a year ago or so on re-runs on FX. I blogged about it here in 2005 (yes I know, it's a fucking friendster blog... well SOMEONE convinced me to have a friendster account, and that's what happened... if you're not a lifelong Gurftastic subscriber, you may want to peep the very beginnings of my temporary insanity), about how dark and fucked up the storylines were and how it was pretty sweet. Well, I found the show again today. And it seems to have turned into Melrose Place. Just to catch you up on what's happened since last I checked in:

The main character, Sean has moved his plastic surgery practice from Miami Beach to LA. His wife became a lesbian and left him for another woman. His best friend/partner had a girlfriend who was SUPER hot named Kimber. Kimber got kidnapped and we thought killed, but it turned out was alive... she now has a kid with Sean's son, who was last seen getting peed on by an angry group of trannys (I think he dated one, but when the dude was pre-op instead of post, he freaked and beat the dude/chick up... long story... and weird), who's now a meth-head. Ummm and Sean's best friend and lesbian ex-wife are in love and are sleeping together in secret. And umm, the lesbian-ex's lover has a older teenage daughter (probably 19), and that chick boned Sean. And is crazy.

So, I don't really know where to begin. I'm disillusioned that the entire show has taken on this sort of campy soap-opera vibe. It was this dark show about the fallibility of beauty, and the dichotomy between the good doc (Sean) and the bad boy (best friend), and how each truly longed to live the other's life. Now it's more a show about who's sleeping with whom, and what evil plots people might be up to. If that's not bad enough, I'm pretty sure some of the plotlines are directly lifted from Melrose Place. I mean, Sean and his buddy inexplicably live in the same house/condo (even though they are both WIDLY successful plastic surgeons). Oh yeah, and Porsche de Rossi (read: hottest lesbian on the set of Arrested Development, hands down) is on it, for some reason. And I guess because it's on late on FX (like 10pm) and they can say "shit" and "tits" they think it doesn't matter that the show sucks ass, it'll still be racy. What happened to the fucked up episodes about removing a fat woman from her coach where she'd been stuck for 2 years because her skin had grafted itself into the fabric? What about the episodes where Sean's son is trying desperately to find his sexuality, after falling in love with a tranny (played very hotly by the very un-trannified Famke Janssen)? What about peeing on him? DAMMIT!

Anyways, yeah. That shit is annoying. You know what else is annoying? Hitting shift to capitalize words. My iPhone does that for me. So I'm gonna have to go ahead and blog from my iPhone so I don't have to keep capitalizing words that I don't want to.

If I want one thing for Christmas, it's for people to stop taking themselves so damn seriously. Honestly people, you will do bigger and better things for the rest of your life. Take it easy, would you?

No comments: