Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Xmas Merriment

The best thing about being a Jew on Christmas is that I don't give a
fuck about the war on Christmas. I know you might've missed that on
your google reader the last few days, but believe me, folks there's a
war being waged on your mind, most likely by god-less liberals and for
some reason multinational conglomerates. And probably illegal
immigrants. And the letter 'X'.

Nice as it was to get photos of my recital from my aunt, all the pics
of me an the X looking very happy and relationshippy were not exactly
what I wanted for Xmas. What I wanted was pics of the crockoduck at
my recital. But there were none to be found.

So I hope you're all having a merry Xmas and that you're not nearly as
overfull as I am. For a Non-christian, I sure did attend a hell of a
lot of Christmas parties. The worst part about holiday parties at your
family friends houses is that you, as the child have the same
conversation about 188 times. I don't know if more sick of answering
the question of "how does it feel to be a master of music" or "so what
are you going to do NOW". What I do know is that answering the same
questions to people whom I barely know makes answering the questions
to people that I actually do know and care about all the more tedious.
Lifelong family friends are great and the holidays are a wonderful
time and everything, but I really am just OVER the whole experience
right now. Anyone who needs me, I'll be the salty dude at the bottom
of a bottle somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crocoduck shoutout, sweet. I'm not really for the war on Christmas. It's the best holiday ever, but I'm no more Christian than you are. I am, however, for the war on bad ideas that are immune to criticism. My mom's cousin was sure to remark to my brother that he had to find a "good Christian" girl. She didn't want him falling for a lady that was heading down the "wrong path", like you and I.

On the plus side, I was able to have a nice discussion with my still Catholic cousin on the matter of religion and though she could not refute any of my points, she finally settled on the idea that she couldn't be without the Catholic Mass, for now anyway. I consider it a moral victory.

Do a blog entry taking on Bertrand Russell, I dare you.