Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weird

Ok, aside from the awful cover by a girl band doing the new commercials for Target (they're singing "Hello Goodbye" by the Beatles. Except in text on the screen, they change the words to "Good buy"... yeah) nothing much has really pissed me off lately, and I'm sorry for that. Maybe it's that I've been awash in bliss these last few months, what with the drunken binge-fest that is Culiacan, and then the whole return to my old stomping grounds.

Here's something awesome that doesn't piss me off: The Fox affiliate in NYC (Fox 5) has a new feature (well it might be old, but I've been in the snow-belt for a long time) on it's Simpson's syndicated episodes. About 3 minutes into the episode, they put a banner up (a lower third, for you editorially inclined) which shows the episode number, name, and original air date. Kinda sweet. Tonight's episode is "Bart's Comet" which is pretty fucking great.

Ok... so this has kinda been tripping me out. I guess they're making another X-files movie. That would be X-files 2 for anyone keeping score. The thing is, like the X-files as a show totally was over in 2002. The movie came out in 1998. So, uhhh, like... uhhh... I mean... uhhh... Don't get me wrong. I really liked the X-files as a kid. Shit I liked the movie. And they left it all open ended enough for everything to be all crazy, blah blah blah. But here's the thing. There's been enough time between the show, the first movie, and whenever this next movie is coming out for even like hardcore fanboys to like forget most of the intricate plot twists. So this movie will be another delicate balancing of how much fanboy glory to add versus how much explain what the hell is going on to the fucking kids of America who've never seen the fucking show and only want to see explosions. Judging by how the Simpson's movie didn't exactly cater to the die-hards, I'm not expecting a lot. And also there's this:





The distubring-est part is that there's these fans in the audience who sound like they're cumming every time anything happens. And don't get me started on the orgy-tastic sounds that happen as soon as Mulder and Scully kiss. You have to be fucking kidding me. Please see Gurftastic Blogs: "Dear Hollywood" on why I hate sequels. Fuck you, Hollywood.

1 comment:

BrownDumper said...

Reading your white type over black background makes my eyes fucked up for like 10 minutes after reading every post.