Monday, April 7, 2008

Daytime is the Right Time

Oh, they have the internet on computers now.

KFC, why do you produce commercials just to irk me? The latest and greatest? Well it's a family having a BUCKET of chicken. MMMM... I love to have all of my food in bucket form, but that's just me. I mean... like... uhh, there ARE other types of receptacles out there... So this family is gathering around, and little Jimmy or Tommy has a friend over for dinner. That doesn't really bother me. I mean, people have dinner. And kids have friends. And they sometimes come over for dinner. No... what irks me is that everyone looks like they have a fine SHEEN on their hair. The kids look like they're wearing hard plastic wigs, instead of hair. It's hard for me to imagine that whomever shot this didn't catch this abomination, so I'm guessing that they actually PAID someone to do this in POST production. Yes... they WANTED this effect. Why? Probably cause the "Srimp" dude was busy that week. Yeah. And then it's like the WORST commercial I've ever seen. Completely and utterly inane. It's just awful. I seriously think KFC needs to fire their ad firm.

Meanwhile, the best thing about not having cable and having a job that requires you to spend long hours indoors means that I'm tempted to watch daytime television. You know how I love to be hungover and watch bad movies? Well the corollary to that is that I somewhat detest daytime TV. It's not that it's bad. It's terrible. So here I am, blogging while John O'Hurley hosts Family Fued (I remember when the host was the dude who was two before Al Borlan from Tool Time, but I mean, that's neither here nor there). Yeah. Kinda weird watching J. Peterman sort of half do his schtick while sort of perving out on every chick that's on the show. It's weird.

Also I saw a hot girl on the street this one time in New York. It was totally sweet.

2 comments:

Mafoo said...

Is this the KFC with the hot stewardess from Lost, ya know, the one that turned other?

BrownDumper said...

No link to the commercial?
I wanna see the hot sheen!
(aka Martin)