Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dear Facebook: New Stuff Edition

Dear Facebook,

Ok, you kinda pissed me off when one day on the same page you asked me if I wanted to be friends with not one, but TWO of my ex-girlfriends (new feature: people who know people you know are suggested as potential friends). But that was just like kinda funny actually. But recently you've been asking me if I want to meet single men in my area. I mean, the thing about targeted advertising is that you should actually target the people who would be receptive to your marketing. I don't expect you to know who all of my ex's are (although ones whom I've listed as "in a relationship with" at one point and later ended said relationship I would think maybe some programmer might put a line in there that would exclude that person, but like ya know, programmers have never had girlfriends, so I wouldn't expect them to know how awkward that would make a person feel). But I do expect you to have your ads scan my information (that is why you sold the ad space to the advertiser, after all) and where it says, "Sex: Male, Interested In: Women" I'd think you would stick to those annoying "Meet Single Women in your Area" ads.

But for the past 3 days, I've been inundated with "meet Gay Singles in your area", "Meet Single Men" and other such. Now I have nothing against gay people. I'm just not one. And unless facebook knows something I don't, most straight men don't look for single gay men. That's what gay men do. So maybe that ad should be targeted at them. Just saying.

Also, I'd just like to give a shout-out to the Lakers. Nice work winning the Conference, fellas. Big things ahead. PLAYOFFS??? PLAYOFFS???

No comments: